The County received this parcel from the State of Michigan in 1952 under Michigan's Natural Resources Environmental Protection Act PA 451. The parcel is easily accessed at the end of Frog Hollow Road. The forest contains one of the only oak forest owned by the County. Forest management had focused on improving the growing environment for red oak.
From Mancelona: Travel 5 miles west on M-88. Take Del Mason Rd. north 1 mile to Shanty Creek Rd. Take Shanty Creek Rd. west 1/2 mile to Frog Hollow Rd. Go south 1/4 mile to NE corner of parcel. The parcel is located in the SE 1/4, SW 1/4, Section 4 of Custer Township.
Acreage: 40 acres