Press Release - County Building Renovation Progress
For Immediate Release
Contact: Jeremy Scott, County Administrator
ANTRIM COUNTY BUILDING:
BELLAIRE, Mich. -- Renovations to the County Building began on July 10. Public parking in the non-fenced area of the Cayuga Street lot will be allowed throughout the project. Construction fencing has been placed around the south and east sides of the building. Additional fencing will go up around the rest of the building on Monday, August 21.
Currently, the only public entrance is near the building’s southwest corner and through an open gate in the construction fence. This gate can be reached from the Cayuga Street parking lot. Entrances to the building will vary as the project progresses. “We’re adapting to daily changes to the building,” said Jeremy Scott, Antrim County Administrator. “Our departments are all working hard to ensure that the public is served throughout the project.”
Interior demolition is nearly complete. Demolition of exterior panels at stairwells and other areas backed with concrete blocks is well underway. Excavation and foundation work are expected to start soon. Starting August 28, heavy equipment will be on site to start removal of the remaining exterior panels. The following County Building offices have been relocated:
• Building Department staff are in Room 209 during the project.
• County Clerk has temporarily moved to Room 140.
• Equalization has moved permanently to Room 120.
• Grass River Natural Area staff is temporarily at the GRNA Center.
• Human Resources is on the top floor of the 1905 Courthouse during the project.
• MSUE staff is in Room 203 for the project’s duration.
• Register of Deeds has moved permanently to Room 130.
• Throughout construction, Veterans Affairs will be scheduling appointments at the Elk Rapids and Central Lake Amvets as well as the Mancelona American Legion.
Project completion is scheduled for early 2024. For more information, please contact the Antrim County Administration Office at firstname.lastname@example.org or 231-533-6265.