Murphy Park was deeded to the County in 1940 under Michigan's Natural resources and Environmental Protection Act PA 451 to be used for forestry purposes. In 1951, 20 acres of open ground was planted to pine. The remaining acreages are northern hardwood forest.
From Central Lake: Travel 4.5 miles east on Old State Rd. Access through Echo Township Cemetery (known as Murphy Park). S 1/2, NW 1/4, Section 28 of Echo Township.
Acreage: 76 acres