The Farmland and Open Space Preservation Board consists of 6 members that are appointed by the Board of Commissioners and meets on an as-needed basis. The Farmland and Open Space Preservation Board administers the County's farmland preservation program and is responsponsible for:
• Establishing selection criteria for ranking and prioritizing of applications to the program.
• Establishing a points-based appraisal formula for determining the value of the agricultural conservation easements.
• Reviewing and providing oversight in scoring all applications according to the adopted selection criteria.
• Ranking and prioritizing the top scoring applications for acquisition and determining whether the development rights should be purchased.
• Approving the restrictions and permitted uses under the agricultural conservation easement.
• Establishing the price to be offered to the property owner and authorize negotiations for the purchase of development rights and agricultural conservation easement.
• Establishing monitoring procedures and overseeing subsequent monitoring to insure compliance with the agricultural conservation easement. Enforcement of the agricultural conservation easement in the case of non-compliance shall be the responsibility of the respective County Board of Commissioners.
The Antrim County Farmland and Open Space Preservation Board meets as needed in Room 203-B, Antrim County Building, 203 E. Cayuga Street, Bellaire. If you wish to be on the agenda, please contact the Coordinator/Planner office (231-533-6265) at least one week in advance.