Antrim County Transportation Committee
Meeting Minutes October
Present: Dawson, Howelman, Allen, White, Rhoads.
Meeting called to order at 2:15 p.m.
Minutes of the September 9 meeting were reviewed.
Rhoads presented the following correspondence:
- Meeting time change which was posted at the county building.
2. Request from Axiom
Requisition Service seeking any and all records on Frank Turner.
Mr. Turner was a passenger several years ago and ACT has no records
responded in writing as such.
3. Final signed letter of
understanding between the Teamsters Union and Antrim County
regarding the use of personal time.
4. Letter of approval from the
Rural Task Force to use remaining funds in the parking lot
grant to install a sign out front.
Financial reports were presented including year end vouchers
and vouchers for October. Also expense and revenue reports for the month of August
were presented. Motion by Allen, support by Howelman to approve the vouchers
and reports as presented. All voting aye. Motion carried.
Rhoads presented an update on personnel issues as follows:
- A new Irregular Part Time Driver, Tom Shoemaker, started September
- All driver physicals have been completed and everyone is
up to date.
1. MeadowBrook – Calendar year
Through August, 91 trips have been
provided with revenue of $8,317.
- Bellaire Schools – School Year 07-08.
No students were transported in
- Rhoads presented an update of a meeting with Munson and
Kalkaska hospitals. Since ACT has begun transporting dialysis patients to
Kalkaska instead of Munson, the billing will be changed to Kalkaska.
- Rhoads presented two proposals for a sign in front of the
building, one from Pro Image and one from Pleasant Valley Designs. Creative
Characters was also invited to bid, but decided not to. Motion by
Allen, support by Howelman to accept the Pleasant Valley Designs
proposal. All voting aye. Motion carried.
- Rhoads presented two proposals to replace two steel walk-through
doors in the garage area, one from Toddski’s Commercial Door Service and
one from Access Door Company. Funding for these doors exists in a
previously approved authorization from MDOT. Motion by Allen, support
from Howelman to accept the Access Door Company proposal. All voting
Aye. Motion carried.
- ACT will be offering free rides to vote on November 4.
People will be asked to call ahead to reserve their free ride.
- Rhoads advised that when the septic system was pumped,
several roots from a nearby tree were discovered in the system. The
committee agreed the tree needs to be removed.
- In a related subject, Rhoads talked to the Village about
hooking into their sewage system. Rhoads was advised we would need to
install a lift station and grinder and assume the cost of running a line
to the Village’s pumping station. It could become quite costly – between
$10,000 and $15,000. The Village indicated that as long as our system is
working we might as well continue with it. The committee agreed to
continue with our current system.
Next meeting: November 7, 2008
Meeting adjourned at 3:15 p.m.