According the Center for Disease Control, the best prevention for viruses like COVID-19, influenza, and the common cold is to:
- Wash your hands often with soap and warm water for 20 seconds. If soap and water are unavailable, use hand sanitizer.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, or mouth with unwashed hands.
- Cover your mouth and nose with a tissue or upper sleeve when coughing or sneezing.
- Avoid contact with people who are sick.
- If you are sick, stay home and avoid contact with others.
- Stay at least six feet away from others when in a public setting.
- Replace handshakes with a friendly wave from 6 feet away.
This page last updated on 3/26/2020.